New LookThru Transparent Display from Leyard and Planar Uses OLED
Leyard and Planar are introducing Planar LookThru Transparent OLED Display, which leverages the latest in transparent organic light-emitting diode (OLED) technology to provide a self-emitting transparent display for true see-through installations without the need for backlighting or enclosures.
The new Planar LookThru display builds on the frameless glass design of the original version, enabling customers to overlay digital content and imagery over actual objects to create unique installations. Suitable both as a standalone product and for tiled installations, the 55-inch display is ideal for a wide range of applications including retail merchandising, corporate displays, museum exhibits, award and trophy cases and tradeshow exhibits. Leyard and Planar will showcase the Planar LookThru at InfoComm 2019.
The next-generation Planar LookThru allows users to showcase a single object behind a single 55-inch display or larger objects behind a tiled video wall. It offers the following benefits:
- The new 55-inch Planar LookThru offers 120 percent NTSC, exceed the standards set by the National Television System Committee.
- Planar LookThru comes with a 4K@60Hz DisplayPort and HDMI connectivity that includes HDCP 2.2 content protection compliance.
- The new Planar LookThru features Planar ERO-OLED (Extended Ruggedness and Optics) technology that uses a proprietary process to bond protective glass to the front surface of an OLED display.
- The Planar LookThru can be used in either portrait or landscape orientations. The display can also be mounted on tables and ceilings and built into custom fixtures.
- The Planar LookThru comes fully assembled and optional accessories can be purchased including a base plate for ceiling mounting, tiling components to protect display edges and a platform cover to create a staging surface for items placed behind the display.