Klipsch has launched a new series of ultra-compact subwoofers with app and IP control for customization of low frequencies. The Klipsch C-Series utilize a front firing Cerametallic woofer and side-firing passive radiators. The series consists of two models that are approximately 30 percent smaller in size than average subwoofers and deliver similar output and low frequency extension as much larger models. The Klipsch C-310ASWi subwoofer ($1,599) is powered by an 800W BASH digital hybrid amplifier, has three 10” drivers and measures just 13” cubed. The C-308ASWi subwoofer ($1,299) is powered by a 600-watt digital hybrid amplifier, has three 8”drivers and is an 11” cube. The ultra-compact cabinets offer a piano gloss finish.
Other features include:
- The Klipsch LowControl App allows complete control of volume, phase, high pass, and EQ customization for fully-tuned sound environments with presets and listening modes.
- Automatic room correction uses the iOS/Android device microphone to optimize the sound settings based on the room configuration and focal listening position.
- Two-way IP Network control system drivers are available for input selection, EQ presets, and gain control, along with device feedback to be displayed on the control system displays via Ethernet. (Control4, Crestron and RTI drivers available.)
- Unbalanced RCA, Balanced XLR, Hi-Level and wireless inputs can be used simultaneously and level mixed in the LowControl app for a myriad of source types and configurations.
- One Klipsch WA-3 wireless transmitter (sold separately) supports up to three Klipsch C-series subwoofers with high definition wireless audio connectivity.