Today at the CEDIA Expo, NETGEAR announced the launch of two new access points (WAX628 and WAX638E) tailored specifically for the residential custom integration market. Sold exclusively through authorized integrators and custom installers these access points are bundled with four years of both NETGEAR Insight and the company’s ProSupport services.
These new access points for the residential market include white-glove design and ProSupport services, as well as NETGEAR Insight — a comprehensive cloud-based management platform that enables installers to remotely manage their customer’s network from a tablet, smart phone or laptop.
Here are the details:
- Dual-band (WAX628) and Tri-band (WAX638E) Wi-Fi 6 and 6E access points — Lightning fast, cost-effective Wi-Fi access points offer speeds1 up to 5.4Gbps for WAX628 and up to 7.8 Gbps for WAX638E.
- Robust Wi-Fi 6 and 6E security — Enterprise grade security features enable safe access and secure sub-networks with SSIDs and VLANs – all configured and managed via NETGEAR Insight.
- Mesh capability — Extends the reach of the Wi-Fi network over greater distances without the need for Ethernet wiring to areas unreachable by cables.
- Backwards compatible — All previous generation Wi-Fi endpoints can connect and take advantage of the superior coverage area.
- 100% more throughput — Wi-Fi 6 Release 2 technology features the use of a 160 MHz channel which in turn results in 100% more throughput than offered by Wi-Fi 6 Release 1 (80 MHz).
- Multi-Gigabit Speed with PoE — Includes a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port for creating a non-blocking connection to a PoE++ switch. Ideal NETGEAR switches to power WAX628 and WAX638E are the MS510TXM, MS510TXUP.
Both the WAX628 (available now) and the WAX638E (available soon) come bundled with four years of NETGEAR Insight for remote management and four years of ProSupport, which provides expert guidance to help with access point placement, AV and Wi-Fi network design, and more. They are available exclusively through authorized NETGEAR integrators and custom installers. The full NETGEAR ecosystem targeting the residential custom integration market is here: www.netgear.com/