NETGEAR announced the availability Tuesday of GS716TP and GS716TPP, two new 16-port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switches with two SFP Ports with optional cloud management and 180-watt and 300-watt Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) budgets respectively.
According to NETGEAR, the 16 G GS716TP and GS716TPP Gigabit Smart Managed Pro Switches are ideal for most advanced small and medium organizations looking for a combination of features, performance and value. Both new Smart Managed Pro Switches provide the small business landscape with configurable L2 network features like VLANs and PoE operation scheduling, allowing deployment of PoE-based devices. They also include advanced features such as DiffServ QoS, LACP link aggregation and Spanning Tree. Also, they will enable network separation and secure backup networking and full control over PoE network availability. The latest switches are purposely designed for converged networks where voice, video and data are all carried on a single network platform, like AV-over-IP systems.
With these new models, additional features were added for full flexibility:
- Single-Sign-On (SSO) registration for firmware and security updates and warranty entitlement. Registration can either be done through NETGEAR Insight or through mynetgear.com. See www.netgear.com/why-registerfor more details.
- Remote/Cloud Management capability with NETGEAR Insight. Users can instantly activate NETGEAR Insight Cloud management from the web GUI. A one-year one-device subscription to NETGEAR Insight Premium or Insight Pro is also included with the purchase of each of these switches.
- By activating NETGEAR Insight Cloud management, users enable management features allowing businesses configuration and deployment from anywhere. This can be done using the NETGEAR Insight app from mobile devices or the Insight Cloud Portal from any device with a web browser.
GS716TP and GS716TPP include advanced features for SMBs, such as:
- 180W PoE budget across 16 Gigabit PoE+ ports (GS716TP)
- 300W PoE budget across 16 Gigabit PoE+ ports (GS716TPP)
- Two dedicated Gigabit SFP fiber ports for active-active or active-passive redundant connections in aggregation to your network core
- Quiet rack mounting operation with 28.2dB max at 25°C (77°F) ambient
- Advanced VLAN support for better network segmentation
- Access control lists (ACLs) for granular network access control including 802.1x port authentication
- Advanced per-port PoE controls for remote power management of PoE connected devices including
- operation scheduling (e.g. Wireless APs, IP security cameras, VoIP phones, LED lighting, secure access door locks and other IoT devices)
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service) for traffic prioritization including port-based, 802.1p and L2/L3/L4 DSCP-based
- Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) for maximum power savings
- Web browser-based management GUI or activation of NETGEAR Insight Remote management as an option. One year of Insight subscription is included in the purchase.
NETGEAR GS716TP and GS716TPP are available and shipping today in the US, Europe and Asia at $279.99 and $359.99, respectively.