NEC Intros Two HDMI and HDBaseT Switchers at ISE
NEC Display today announced a new HDBaseT switcher, the NEC NP01SW1, that handles analog and digital video, audio, power, LAN and control over a single Ethernet cable. Using a push-button interface, it allows 3 HDMI sources, a microphone, LAN and USB A/B. Control features include on/off of the NEC projector or LCD and volume control of the display device without needing programming. Third party HDBaseT compliant receivers are also supported, so the NP01SW1 can be integrated into existing HDBaseT installations.
The, the NP01SW2 includes the NP01SW1 switch and a HDBaseT receiver module for an all-in-one solution, available for NEC devices that do not have an OPS (Open Pluggable Specification) option slot, built-in HDBaseT receiver. The NP01SW1 and NP01SW2 are the first products of this type to incorporate all of these technologies into one package.
Among the key features of the NP01SW1 and NP01SW2 media switches are:
- Three HDMI, USB A/B, LAN and microphone inputs
- Infrared window on the NP01SW1/NP01SW2, which enables easy control via the display devices’ remote control
- Wall-mounting bracket included, making installation simpler
- Pre-programmed for push-button control of NEC displays and projectors directly from the media switch
- Volume control of media and the microphone is included
- Compliance with HDBaseT devices and third-party receivers
The NP01SW1 and NP01SW2 will be available in February 2016 at a price of $699 and $849, respectively. Here are all the specs.