NEC Display just introduced the X841UHD, an 84-inch ultra-high-definition (UHD) commercial-grade monitor with a 3640×2160 native resolution at 60 Hz through the DisplayPort connection. Designed for videoconferencing and command and control centers (but certainly capable of a meeting room or digital signage applications), the X841UHD can display up to four simultaneous images with its Multi-Picture mode. Giving the user further control, any one of these images can be rotated, moved and manipulated.
The X841UHD display also comes with NEC’s SpectraView Engine, a custom-designed color processor, and connectivity that includes every analog or digital port on the market.
NEC’s published feature set:
- Native resolution of 3840×2160 at 60 Hz
- S-IPS LCD panel in tandem with 500 cd/m2 maximum brightness and 1400:1 contrast ratio
- 10-bit color performance
- Full metal chassis with integrated temperature sensors and fans
- A multitude of digital inputs provides highly flexible connectivity
- Full software support (NaViSet Administrator, PD Comms, SpectraView, MultiProfiler and NEC Display Wall Calibrator)
- Reduced power consumption with LED edge lighting
- Landscape and portrait modes for installation flexibility
- Built-in dual 10-watt speakers
The X841UHD display will be available later this month for $16,999. More information is here.