The new 75-inch display is built specifically to withstand the harsh environment of direct sunlight that would otherwise ruin normal displays. With integrated thermodynamic cooling fans, a panel that can reduce the risk of isotropic liquid crystals and a screen brightness of up to 2500 cd/m2, the X754HB is designed for solutions such as in a front-facing store windows and outdoor applications when coupled with an enclosure.
The X754HB also can intelligently adapt to its surroundings utilizing an integrated ambient light sensor. When it’s on during the day, it can offer a bright, clear image allowing for full visibility in the brightest conditions. It can then dim down at night, reducing power consumption and contributing savings to the overall investment. Typical liquid crystal panels do not guarantee full visibility if the orientation of the display changes and if the person viewing the screen is wearing polarized sunglasses. NEC Display’s X754HB has a quarter-lambda polarizer integrated onto the panel that will allow for full visibility in any orientation.
Other X754HB benefits include:
- 8-bit color SPVA panel
- Direct LED backlighting and new localized dimming functionality, which allow for improved contrast ratio and lower power consumption
- A Quarter-Lambda optical film, integrated to overcome polarization of light emitted by the display. This guarantees full readability in outdoor and semi-outdoor installations for both landscape and portrait orientations when wearing polarized sunglasses
- NFC sensor, which is incorporated into the chassis and can be addressed via a matching app for Android devices. This helps reduce installation cost as several displays can be easily configured before they are mounted
- Built-in OPS (Open Pluggable Specification) option slot and expanded connectivity options, such as
- DisplayPort 1.2, which give installers flexibility and reduce overall set-up time
- Intelligent power saving and thermal management features, which not only reduce energy usage, but also ensure that the display aligns with NEC’s Green Vision for sustainability and eco-friendliness
The X754HB display ships with a three-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in December 2015 at a minimum advertised price of $11,299. Here are all the tech specs.