NEC Display added two super-slim displays to its specialty X Series portfolio in the form of the 46-inch X462S and 55-inch X552S. NEC is calling these “industrial-strength.” Using LED backlighting and a mere 1.8 inches deep, the X462S and X552S are not only super-slim and ultra light, but they also deliver a brightness of 700 cd/m².
In addition, these super-slim displays include the Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) slot, a standardization designed to simplify installations, use and maintenance of digital signage. Users receive full connectivity, including DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D, as well as remote management through the Network Control and Communication tools.
The X462S and X552S displays include the following features:
- LED backlighting technology, which reduces power consumption and contributes to a lightweight design with minimal 1.8-inch depth
- Commercial-grade LCD panel and components, which enable extended run times
- 1920×1080 native resolution, which provides stunning image clarity
- 500/700 cd/m² brightness (typical/maximum) and 3,000:1 contrast ratio delivering brilliant imagery
- DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D (in/out), which enable connectivity to a wide range of peripherals
- RS-232C, LAN and DDC/CI for external control
- TileMatrix, which facilitates video walls up to 100 displays in 10×10 configurations
- Optional color-calibration solution, which enables color uniformity and fidelity across individual and multiple screens
- Real-time clock, which has the ability to set schedules for on/off times 24/7 and can be set to warm up 30 minutes before use for optimum color representation
- Built-in ATSC digital tuner
The X462S and X552S are available at minimum advertised prices of $1,999 and $3,099, respectively and are here: http://www.necdisplay.com/category/large-screen-displays