Metra Home Theater Group will debut its Ethereal passive Velox HDMI cables, the EHV-HDP10-R2, ahead of the 2018 CEDIA Expo in September.
The Velox cable features a new microwave RF design and supports 18 Gbps, 4K/60, 4:4:4 and HDR. It claims features in metallurgy, topology, dielectric and shielding in the highest bandwidth on the market.
The HDMI transmission cable has less insertion loss over long distances with a cable diameter of 9.5mm. The EHV-HDP10-R2 also moves into HDMI 2.1 format compatibility by providing the 6Gbs of bandwidth through all four channels. And at 10 meters in length, it is Ethereal’s longest passive length DPL Labs 18Gbps certified HDMI. The EHV-HDP10-R2 will be shipping soon.
- Supports 18 Gbps, 4K/60, 4:4:4 and HDR (three channels at 6Gbps)
- Supports next generation of 24 Gbps (four channels at 6Gbps)
- Advanced features in metallurgy, topology, dielectric and shielding
- 3-millimeter shield strip-back — to reduce 6G jitter
- Smooth solder joints to optimize impedance matching between conductors
- Conductors direct solder to connector — reduced insertion loss
- Wire soldering precision — twin axe wire design requires specially trained hand soldering
- 100 percent copper shielding