Meridian’s new range of compact in-wall and in-ceiling loudspeakers is dubbed the DSP320. Like Meridian’s current DSP520, the company claim the DSP320 has been introduced specifically to deliver wide dispersion for maximum listening area, with minimum unwanted diffraction thanks to careful baffle and grille design. The on-board DSP provides thermal and dynamic bass protection and includes their EBA technology (Enhanced Bass Alignment).
- Compact 300 millimeters (12 inches) square design only 100mm (4in) deep
- Back-box and frame system allows simple and easy installation, with the flexibility to ensure precise positioning
- Two-channel, high power amplifier with linear power supply, DSP crossover, setup controls, IR sensor
- Fire-rated rough-in box with AC connection and mounting hardware
- Damped, high-rigidity aluminum acoustic enclosure with internal mineral-filled mid-range enclosure
- High rigidity aluminum baffle with Bass/Wide Range drive units and high contact magnetic grille clamping
- White scrim under plated steel, paintable, matte white grille
- DSP-based design “delivers superior performance to conventional designs” – equivalent to an enclosure of eight times the physical volume
- Features “Racetrack” oval bass driver, and the same 85mm wide-range driver as the DSP520, for full-frequency response
- All aspects of the design including baffle and grille have been developed for maximum dispersion and listening area plus minimum unwanted diffraction
The Meridian DSP320s are $2,500 each and the back-box and frame system are $400 each. All the complete specs are here.