McIntosh just launched the MCD12000 SACD/CD Player. While classified as a CD player, the MCD12000 serves as a reference level digital-to-analog convertor (DAC) that includes reference level SACD/CD playback capabilities. Music played through MCD12000’s digital inputs or compact discs is processed by professional-grade, eight-channel DACs.
The MCD12000 offers both balanced and unbalanced fixed analog outputs in both solid-state and vacuum tube configurations. This abundance of output options offers flexibility based on music selection, the configuration of your home audio system and personal sound preferences.
MCD1200 key features include:
- Two ESS SABRE PRO ES9038PRO 32-bit/8-channel DACs, with one DAC dedicated to the left audio channel and one DAC dedicated to the right audio channel
- ESS’ patented HyperStream II architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator
- Separate digital and analog power supplies to keep power and audio signals free from cross-contamination
- Specially constructed R-Core power transformer to minimize noise radiation
- Seven digital inputs: two coax, two optical, one USB (Type B) for computer-based audio, one AES/EBU and one MCT input
- Coax and optical inputs support up to 24-bit/192kHz and the USB input supports up to 32-bit/384kHz, as well as DSD512 and DXD384kHz
- All outputs are driven by discrete amplifiers or a blend of vacuum tubes and discrete amplifiers
- One 12AT7 tube and one 12AX7A tube are assigned to each the left and right audio channel
- Solid-state output is via a discrete balanced op-amp
- Included digital coax and optical output for added system flexibility
- The disc transport has a precision die-cast aluminum tray that provides smooth and quiet disc handling, while an advanced digital servo provides fast, quiet and accurate operation.
- Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs