Matrox Video Announces Matrox VERO Signal Generator
Matrox Video today announced Matrox VERO, an ST 2110 signal generator and diagnostic appliance for SMPTE ST 2110-networked environments. Combining an adjustable signal generator, a PCAP recorder, and signal diagnostics integrating EBU LIST into a single appliance, VERO allows broadcasters, system integrators and manufacturers of ST 2110 devices and environments to validate ST 2110 devices for compliance before deployment.
A SMPTE ST 2110-networked environment must deliver all of the benefits of an IP infrastructure — with the predictability of SDI — for it to be useful. This is achievable when the infrastructure is well-managed and edge devices respect specifications. Matrox VERO ensures that any new device will act as a “good network citizen” and work seamlessly with other ST 2110 devices — and maintain broadcast operations — when connected to an on-air production environment. Moreover, when an issue inevitably arises, the Matrox VERO can help diagnose the source of the problem.
Here’s a video on how it works:
Matrox VERO’s key features and benefits include:
- ST 2110 reference sender: Offers an adjustable ST 2110 reference sender allowing users to test receiver compliance and resilience in ideal to worst-case scenarios.
- PCAP recording: Captures a perfect replica of network traffic — including UHD video flows — in a PCAP file for ST 2110 diagnosis.
- EBU LIST integration: Comes pre-installed with the widely-respected European Broadcasting Union Live IP Software Toolkit (EBU LIST) diagnostic tool for user convenience and access.
- HD/Full HD/UHD: Features two independent output channels, each capable of generating one video, up to four audio and one ancillary data flows. Each of the two channels can also be dedicated to independent video resolutions and frame rates — up to UHD at 60 FPS — which allows ST 2110 equipment manufacturers to verify multiple resolutions simultaneously, including support of ST 2022-7.
- Intuitive web-based interface: Works with any web browser, enabling users to operate diagnostic tools from anywhere on the network using any PC, tablet or mobile device.
Read all the specs on Matrox’s website.