Magewell’s USB Fusion device sports new features and educational resources
Magewell has just released a NEW firmware version and updated companion tablet app that add powerful new features to the award-winning USB Fusion multi-input video capture and mixing device. Read on for a recap of its USB Fusion’s key benefits, details of new enhancements, and some valuable new learning resources.
The versatile USB Fusion hardware and accompanying app let users easily combine camera, wired screenshare, and media file sources into attractive live presentations for online lectures, webinars, live streaming, event production, video conferencing, and other applications. It is ideal as a multi-input capture device for bringing AV sources into popular software, while its HDMI output for connection to a display makes it equally adept as a standalone, tablet-controlled presentation device. Key features include:
- Two HDMI inputs and one USB webcam input
- Switch between sources or combine two inputs (picture-in-picture or side-by-side)
- Capture into Windows®, Mac® and Linux® software via USB 3.0
- Tablet app for advanced presentation features including real-time annotations, on-video drawing (telestrator), integrating media files, recording and more
New Features Now Available
The new USB Fusion firmware upgrade (version 2.3) and app update (iOS version 2.3.0, Android version 2.3.445) add a wide range of new capabilities including:
- Assigning the on-device buttons to user-specified scene layouts
- Enhanced graphics capabilities including pre-built templates, layers, and strokes
- USB clicker support for controlling PowerPoint presentations on a connected computer
- Setting in/out points and playback policies for pre-recorded media files
- And many other operational and interface enhancements
These updates are in addition to the new USB Fusion features announced in December, including scheduled recording, ISO recording, Google Drive integration and more.
Learn More About USB Fusion with These Resources
There are many educational resources available to help you discover the benefits and features of USB Fusion. Highlights include:
- USB Fusion Overview Video
- A comparison of Magewell’s USB Fusion and USB Capture solutions
- Intro to the Three Control Options for USB Fusion
- USB Fusion App Feature Overview: Annotations and Notes
- Tech Tutorial: USB Fusion’s Web Camera Interface
Plus many more USB Fusion tutorials in the Blog
For more information or to find an authorized Magewell reseller, contact us at (610) 921-5720 or email@example.com.