LogMeIn, Inc. a provider of cloud-based solutions such as GoToMeeting, LastPass and Rescue, announced a brand-new administrative portal for its UCC product, GoToConnect. The new admin center will give IT better visibility, simplicity and customization while adding new features and the ability to preemptively address issues with a new system health dashboard.
With this launch of the new admin center, LogMeIn says IT admins will be able to better manage their GoToConnect accounts from a streamlined portal. The new design will allow greater ability to customize features such as meeting or phone settings for individual users or groups and to proactively monitor the health of their systems. All new GoTo UCC customers and partners will have access to the new admin center, and existing GoTo customers will have the option to switch to the new admin experience at no additional cost. The new admin system will also serve as the foundation for additional GoTo products to be added over time, continuing to unify the experience from both an end user and administrative standpoint.
“As businesses adopt new flexible work tools to support hybrid remote working, IT is often left to deal with confusing and complicated admin tools. This can be time-consuming and frustrating,” said Mike Sharp, chief product officer, UCC at LogMeIn. “As a company offering world-class products built to support flexible work, we saw an opportunity to both simplify and expand our IT and Admin focused capabilities. We’re launching with robust support for GoToConnect, but we intend to quickly follow with broad IT admin support for the entire family of GoTo products later this year. This streamlined admin experience has been designed to make the job of IT admins and partners much easier, by providing them with a single system to deploy, monitor and preemptively address potential issues.”
New features for the GoTo admin will include:
- System Health Dashboard: Admins can subscribe to receive alerts on key metrics that can impact the general experience of their users. The customizable alerts will allow admins to preemptively address issues such as audio quality and call volume, audio connection, audio delay, devices online/offline and more. The health dashboard can be configured to include a customizable threshold to trigger alerting, flexible recipients list and preferred communication channels.
- Bulk Actions: Through the bulk change wizard, admins will be able to bulk apply actions such as “add/remove from group,” “reassign meetings” and “change settings” to multiple users at once.
- Add Custom Roles: Admins can now assign custom roles or labels to a user to give them a predetermined group of permissions. Admins can either assign these custom roles upon user creation or use bulk actions to apply these roles if the user already exists.
- New Settings Managed by Admins: Admins will now be able to manage new settings on their devices. Some settings include the following: Display name, allowing a phone to retrieve its configuration; Create, edit or delete corporate and dial by name directories; and Delete phone number, without the help of GoTo support teams.
- User Groups: Account admins can create user groups (such as Sales or Marketing) and subgroups to better manage an account. User groups and subgroups can be used to quickly select multiple users at once to update settings, licenses in bulk or change individual settings.
- Button Configuration: It is now possible to personalize the buttons on desk phones and attached sidecars. Depending on the model of the device, the appropriate number of buttons and button configurations are now editable by the admin.
- Paging: Admins now have the ability to create, edit and delete paging profiles and paging realms in the GoTo Admin.