Listen Technologies Provides ListenTALK for Special Interest Groups at ISE 2023
Listen Technologies will provide ListenTALK to support Special Interest Group tours at Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2023. ISE is the world’s largest exhibition for AV and systems integration professionals. Listen Technologies is an ISE Technology Partner.
Special Interest Group tours will take place at ISE February 2, 2023. Approximately 160 ISE attendees are expected to participate in on-site tours throughout the day. Each tour group will visit approximately 13 booths in the Fira Gran Via. Tour leaders and participants will use ListenTALK to overcome the challenges distance, background noise, hearing loss, and language pose to clear communication. It is an all-in-one solution for assistive listening, language interpretation, and tours.
“ListenTALK is ideal for supporting tours at a major international event like ISE and we are delighted participants in Special Interest Group tours at the exhibition will experience the solution’s exceptional sound clarity, intuitive design, and ease of use in a real-world application,” said Maile Keone, president and CEO of Listen Technologies.
ListenTALK features a small, lightweight transceiver (combined transmitter/receiver) that users can wear around their neck and plug into personal, or venue-provided, headphones or headsets. To speak, users press and hold a button on the transceiver. Clear audio is transmitted to other transceivers paired to their ListenTALK unit. Users can hear as far away as 100 meters indoors and 200 meters outdoors.
Transceivers are easily grouped in a docking station or by tapping units together using near-field communication (NFC). Leaders in each group choose how their group communicates by selecting one of three communication modes: Listen only, respond, and discuss. Leaders can easily switch between communication modes.
In addition to guided tours, ListenTALK is ideal for transmitting language interpretation and simplifies simultaneous interpretation. It is as easy as creating a separate group for tour participants or audience members with the person who will be interpreting the message. Up to 30 simultaneous groups can be created, and languages can be interpreted in the same space in Europe.
At large exhibitions like ISE, noise and distance can present challenges to clear communication, especially during tours. With ListenTALK, tour guides do not need to shout so participants can hear them, or worry about audio dropping when they move about or turn a corner and are out of sight. ListenTALK also simplifies interpretation, so language is not a barrier to participation and engagement in tours.
Listen Technologies will provide 128 ListenTALK transceivers with 8 lightweight charging cases and various accessories, including headphones and microphone options for leaders, for use during Special Interest Group tours at ISE.
Important considerations for systems supporting multiple mobile tours like those at ISE are operating time (battery life) and charging capacity. ListenTALK features that ensure transceiver units are always ready and will function for the duration of tours include:
- Long battery life — ListenTALK transceivers charge quickly (4 hours from empty to full charge). The operating life is 7 to 8 hours for leader units and 12 hours for participant units.
- Dual functionality of transceivers — Every ListenTALK transceiver can send or receive audio. “Leader” transceivers are assigned by adding a red clip to the unit. When there is not enough time to charge leader units between tours, users can easily exchange the leader unit (remove the red clip) for another fully charged transceiver and designate that unit a “leader” by adding the red clip.
- Easy charging between tours — A ListenTALK charging case contains a full tray of 16 transceivers. Transceivers are easily dropped into spaces in the tray between use and will charge when the case is plugged into a power source. Users can see the charge level of each unit by pressing a button on the top of the tray.
Additional ListenTALK benefits include:
- Flexibility — ListenTALK can be used for one-way or two-way communication and tour leaders can easily switch between modes on the fly during tours.
- Security — ListenTALK operates on a low interference DECT (Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications) band and includes encryption for secure and stable communications.
- Safety — ListenTALK transceivers can be sanitized between use with a disinfecting wipe. They also are compatible with standard earbuds and headsets (Listen Technologies will provide headsets for tour participants who need them).
ListenTALK is in stand 3P750 at ISE or www.listentech.com