L-Acoustics launched a new Kara II modular line source, adding Panflex and giving Kara four-in-one directivity: one box covers any audience geometry. Kara II morphs to fit any design, offering coverage and SPL distribution with a focus in four different directivity patterns: 70° or 110° symmetrical and 90° asymmetrical, steering to either the left or right. In its 70° configuration, Kara II packs a full 2 dB more than in 110°.
Kara II basic specifications include:
- Type: Two-way active WST enclosure
- Bandwidth (-10 dB): 55 Hz — 20 kHz ([KARA II_70])
- Maximum SPL: 142 dB ([KARA II_70])
- Coverage angle: 70° / 110° symmetric or 90° asymmetric (35°/55°)
- Weight: 26 kilograms / 57 pounds
Kara II for rental ships in March 2020 and can be seen at NAMM in the L-Acoustics meeting room 17208. Kara II will ship in late 2020.
Here is more information about the Kara II.
Here is a video of the Kara II from L-Acoustics at ISE 2020 below: