Last month Kramer introduced the Kramer CORE – an end-to-end solution for switching and routing digital signals over long distances via HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort and VGA. The heart of the product is the multi-format digital router, and Kramer introduced three new ones at InfoComm.
The family of three multi-format modular routers, the VS-1616D, VS-3232D and VS-6464D, offers matching input and output boards, including DVI, HDMI and Dual-Link DVI signal boards, as well as fiber and Kramer DGKat twisted pairs. These are configurable units in which a frame is purchased as a stand-alone frame, to which as many input/output boards can be added or removed.
They can be used with copper, fiber or twisted pair (separately or at the same time). The VS-1616D can be expanded from a 2×2 up to 16×16; the VS-3232D can be expanded from a 4×4 up to 32×32; and the VS-6464D can be expanded from 8×8 up to 64×64. Available modules include DVI, DVI (HDCP), DVI (dual-link), HDMI, LC Optical and DGKat Twisted Pair (available Q2 2012).
Here are specs:
- Max. data rate – 3.2Gbps per graphics channel up to 10.4 Gbps total
- HDTV compatible
- HDCP compliance – with DVI (HDCP) and HDMI modules
- DGKat signal integration, which is Kramer’s unique technology for converting TMDS as well as control and communication to signals that run over twisted pair cables
- Kramer equalization and re-Klocking technology, which rebuilds the digital signal to travel longer distances
- I-EDIDPro Kramer Intelligent EDID Processing
- Flexible control options, including front panel, IR remote, RS-232 and Ethernet
- Front panel lockout
- Take button, which executes multiple switches all at once
- Memory locations, which stores multiple switches as presets to be recalled and executed as needed
- Test pattern module with four output resolutions for troubleshooting video problems
- Worldwide Power Supply – 100-240V AC.
- Standard 19” rack mount size (4U) with rack “ears” included.