The new Control Contractor 40 Series is a new line of what JBL is calling premium, in-ceiling loudspeakers featuring Radiation Boundary Integrator (RBI) technology adapted from the company’s VerTec Series line array loudspeakers. The six models in the Control 40 series include:
- Control 47C/T, a large space speaker that has 120° of coverage
- Control 47LP is a low-profile model for locations with limited above-ceiling clearance
- Control 47HC, a high-ceiling model with narrow coverage
- Control 45C/T, the most compact RBI full-range model in the line-up
- Control 40 CS/T, a subwoofer with built-in passive crossover
- Control 42C, an ultra-compact, in-ceiling satellite speaker
All three Control 47 models (47C/T, 47LP and 47HC) incorporate JBL’s Radiation Boundary Integrator (RBI) — a patent-pending design that combines a large diameter high-frequency waveguide with low-frequency projection apertures that work in tandem to provide a integration of coverage between the two coaxially-mounted drivers. The result is extremely consistent pattern control and coverage. According to JBL, the coverage from the Control 47C/T and Control 47LP allows the use of fewer speakers, substantially reducing overall system cost, while providing more consistent sound throughout the listening space. Narrow, focused coverage from the Control 47HC allows use in high ceiling locations and highly reverberant spaces.