Jabra today launches the Jabra PanaCast, a smart panoramic-4K plug-and-play video solution certified for Microsoft Teams. Jabra PanaCast is aimed as a UCC camera for huddle rooms and meeting spaces as well as collaboration.
Jabra PanaCast uses three 13-megapixel cameras that work together as one via core technology embedded in the built-in Jabra PanaCast Vision Processor. The multi-camera array solution offers a full 180-degree panoramic field of view. With Jabra PanaCast’s cameras and microphones, fourth-generation stitching technology and Intelligent Vision software, any room can be used to video conference with wall-to-wall coverage in panoramic 4K video. Jabra PanaCast enables companies to make use of their full meeting spaces, eliminating the approximately 40 percent room wastage seen with conventional camera solutions.
Jabra PanaCast’s built-in people detection technology enables system-wide business intelligence by capturing accurate usage and occupancy information. As AV and IT become more and more integrated, the need for accurate data and metrics increases. The upcoming Jabra PanaCast API will enable developers and partners to query the system for real-time information, such as people count data.
The advanced AI utilizes a convolutional neural network (CNN) to count the number of people in the field of view, up to 39 feet away and provide numeric data that organizations can use to inform decisions on calendar management, room utilization and resource management or to automate power management for assets such as TV monitors, lights and video conferencing equipment. The technology will be available through the Jabra PanaCast API, built for the Windows operating system, and can be used for large areas like classrooms, auditoriums and general gatherings.
Jabra’s conference speakerphone series, Speak, can be integrated with PanaCast, too.
Key features and specifications:
- Simple plug-and-play operation with no software required via a single USB cable
- 180-degree panoramic view seamlessly integrates video from three cameras with real- time dynamic stitching embedded in the onboard Jabra PanaCast Vision Processor
- Certified for Microsoft Teams
- Naturally inclusive and immersive experience gives everyone equal participation
- Crystal clear sound that picks up every voice in the room with Jabra Speak series
- Zero percent wasted space with industry-first, multi-camera array system
- Intelligent Vision (AI) products sense, anticipate and adjust automatically so people can focus on their meeting and discussion
- Industry-first Intelligent Zoom autonomously and continuously optimizes the field of view to include everyone in the conversation
- Jabra PanaCast Vivid 2.0 automatically adjusts the video properties to optimize the video experience under varying light conditions
- The upcoming open and standards-based API provides data for companies and ecosystem partners to build value added services that can help optimize workflows, automate room/calendar management, enable green energy initiatives like automatically turning off unused equipment (smart building capabilities enablement)
Here are all the specs.