AV-over-IP chip company, intoPIX, has recently extended its range of JPEG XS codecs with the addition of the Flawless Imaging Profile (FIP) in its “TicoXS FIP” Codec.
The TicoXS FIP FPGA cores and software implementations allow indeed to distribute and extend 4K & 8K audiovisual content with super-low latency and perfect quality on both existing Cat5e ethernet cables and new WiFi-6 wireless technologies.
Benefits of TicoXS FIP include:
- Microsecond latency with perfect image quality in any situation and with any content with frame-accurate switching capabilities.
- Facilitated convergence between ProAV distribution and Media production. AVoIP Interoperability can be guaranteed thanks to the use of open specifications promoted via IPMX, SMPTE 2110 with the JPEG XS standard.
- Cost-efficiency and sustainability to carry 4K and 8K over existing 1 (ONE) Gigabit Ethernet network, using the largely deployed CAT5E cables. The video bandwidth is low enough to carry video, audio and other data over the same wire. JPEG XS with the Flawless Imaging Profile offers all the necessary advanced capabilities to compress the most demanding graphics, excel spreadsheets, and test patterns on top of any gaming, cinema, live content at low bitrate, down to 36 to 1 if needed.
- Robust decoder with error control and recovery of any corrupted content, which makes it also ideal for unpredictable network transmission such as WiFi-6.
- Small 4K and 8K IP-cores for FPGA & ASIC available, with a combined low power, low memory usage and low footprint. Include support of 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0 subsampling; 8,10,12-bit depth with HDR; and with reference designs available on both Xilinx & Intel FPGA platforms.
- Ultra-Fast Software encoder & decoder available on CPU and GPU, with also the new intoPIX Titanium Streaming SDK supporting SMPTE 2110 compressed streaming.
With TicoXS FIP, intoPIX is showing the smart path for the audio-visual industries to build more sustainable products and AV workflows, delivering the best performance in terms of quality, reliability, and user experience. The technology can be leveraged in many HD, 4K and 8K AV applications including: ProAV over IP distribution, ProAV & broadcast KVMs and desktop sharing, HDMI over IP, low latency WiFi-6 AV transmission, videowall and control room management.