Havision has released the latest version of InStream Mobile, which brings iPad, iPhone and Android users live, high definition video streaming on their mobile devices. Supporting end-to-end latency of less than 500 milliseconds for 1080p60 video (when coupled with Haivision’s Makito X HD H.264 encoder), InStream Mobile is designed for live collaboration in mission critical applications.
Based on industry standards, supporting both Transport Stream multicast and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), InStream Mobile gives users access to local performance streams as well as those available on the Internet. Local multicast transport streams do not need to be transcoded, resized or converted to HLS, allowing InStream Mobile to be instantly deployed within current enterprise workflows. InStream Mobile also supports a central channel guide file so the channel list for all users can quickly be established and changed, further easing deployment and media control.
Additional InStream Mobile features include:
- Forward Error Correction (with Makito): Accommodates wireless network packet loss to minimize stream interruption.
- TalkBack (with Makito): Allows single viewers to engage in direct conversations with personnel at remote endpoints.
- HLS and TS stream support: Users can select from local performance streams and those from the Internet.
- Central Channel Guide: Without the need for a streaming server or IPTV system, administrators can easily a establish channel selection file for broad user bases so viewers do not need to enter complex web or IP addresses.
- Fast Channel Changes: Simply swipe to instantly tune to adjacent video channels with no buffering delay.
- Multitrack Audio: Delivers multilingual content with video streams.
- Stream Statistics: The ability to view the characteristics of video streams so that an administrator can tune the system for optimal performance.
InStream Mobile for iOS devices is available free of charge in the Apple iTunes stores globally and in Haivision’s download Center for Android devices here: