The Extron WAP 100AC is a ceiling mounted dual-band wireless access point that they say is engineered for heavy network traffic. It supports the latest wireless technologies, including dual-band frequency operation with Band Steering, high-transmit power, enhanced receive sensitivity MIMO and four internal high-gain antennas that all help maximize network performance and expand device network connectivity. The WAP 100AC also supports the latest PoE+ standards, allowing it to receive power and communication over a single Ethernet cable. The WAP 100AC is designed for providing wireless access to devices running the Extron Control App.
- Supports both IEEE 802.11a/n/ac on 5 GHz and IEEE 802.11b/g/n on 2.4 GHz standards
- Four internal 5 dBi omni-directional antennas
- LED indicators for WPS, WLAN 5G, WLAN 2.4G, Ethernet port, and Power
- Enhanced network security
- Band steering
- Supports Power over Ethernet Plus or PoE+, reducing the cable drops to the wireless access point
- SSID-to-VLAN Tagging allows administrators to tag and assign packet destination of wireless clients