Extron has introduced the Extron XTRA Series XPA 1002-70V and XPA 1002-100V, half rack 1U, convection cooled power amplifiers delivering two channels of 100 watts rms for 70-volt and 100-volt distributed speakers. These professional grade amplifiers feature a 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio with 0.1 percent THD+N specifications.
- ENERGY STAR qualification
- Advanced Class D amplifier design
- Patented CDRS – Class D Ripple Suppression
- 1U, half-rack width metal enclosures
- 2.5-pound weight
- Energy-efficient design generates little heat
- UL 2043 plenum rated when used with the optional Flexible Conduit Adapter Kit
They include an auto power-down feature that automatically places the amplifier into standby after a period of inactivity, and consumes just 10 watts when idle and less than 1 watt in standby mode. Extron says each amplifier also has an ultra low inrush current draw to prevent power circuit overload that occurs when multiple amplifiers are switched on simultaneously. This feature eliminates the need for power sequencing in systems with multiple amplifiers in large centralized equipment racks, and prevents other equipment from experiencing power interruption from associated power surges.
For more information on the these amplifiers, click here.