Epson Launches New 3LCD Reflective Laser Pro Cinema Projectors
DENVER, Sept. 10, 2014 — (CEDIA Expo 2014, Booth #240) – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide, today announced new additions to its award-winning lineup of Home Cinema projectors, the PowerLite® Home Cinema 3600e, Home Cinema 3500, and Home Cinema 3000. Featuring up to 2,500 lumens of color brightness and 2,500 lumens of white brightness with up to 70,000:1 contrast ratio, Epson’s latest Home Cinema solutions bring an immersive 2D and 3D 1080p experience to today’s living rooms. With wide vertical and horizontal lens shift, 1.6x zoom lens and a 26 percent smaller footprint than preceding models3, the Home Cinema 3000-Series projectors are designed for big-screen entertainment almost anywhere in a matter of minutes.
“These new projectors offer refined image quality while being among the brightest 1080p projectors we’ve ever produced, making them ideal for well-lit family rooms,” said Jason Palmer, marketing manager, Epson America. “In addition, a unique compact design, simple lens shift and front-facing exhaust allow users to conceal the projector in a bookcase on the back wall and enjoy images up to 300 inches – five, ten or even over thirty times the size of a 50-inch flat screen.”
The models featured in the Home Cinema 3000-Series offer varied capabilities designed to make it easier than ever to enjoy content – including high color and white brightness and built-in color modes for viewing in different environments. The Home Cinema 3500 and 3600e also include two built-in 10-watt stereo speakers allowing users the versatility to take the projector to a backyard for outdoor movie nights, a friend’s house for video game tournaments or anywhere else the imagination allows.
Whether you are mounting to the ceiling or moving the projector from room to room, all three of the models feature Epson’s dial-adjusted lens shift technology that enables positioning flexibility with an incredible range of up to + or – 60 percent on the vertical axis and up to + or – 24 percent on the horizontal axis. In addition, all three models are designed for installation on a ceiling or for easy set up on a table, or tucked inside a shelving space.
Epson projectors offer up to 3x Brighter Colors4 than competitive models. The Epson® Home Cinema 3000 Series of 3LCD projectors ensure stunning images and Full HD 1080p with enhanced detail. Both the Home Cinema 3500 and Home Cinema 3600e add Super Resolution technology to deliver defined edges and rich image quality as well as all-new Detail Enhancement technology to refine surface detail for true-to-life images. The flagship Home Cinema 3600e adds a WirelessHD transmitter that connects up to five HDMI devices simultaneously, with one HDMI out connection and one optical port for switching between sources and MHL connectivity to display content from MHL-enabled tablets, smartphones and streaming sticks.
More About the Home Cinema 3000-Series
- Up to 3x Brighter Colors, and reliable performance – 3LCD, 3-chip technology4
- High color brightness and high white brightness: 2,500 lumens of color brightness and 2,500 lumens of white brightness2 (Home Cinema 3600e and Home Cinema 3500); 2,300 lumens of color brightness and 2,300 lumens of white brightness2 (Home Cinema 3000)
- Flexible positioning and easy setup with vertical and horizontal lens shift, 1.6x zoom and a compact design for placement virtually anywhere, even in a tight shelf space
- Deep black levels with a contrast ratio of up to 70,0000:1 (Home Cinema 3600e and 3500) and up to 50,000:1 (Home Cinema 3000)
- Seven built-in color modes for different environments or content to optimize the image
- Two built-in 10W stereo speakers deliver lifelike sound, no external speakers necessary (Home Cinema 3600e and 3500)
- Display content from two HDMI inputs simultaneously on screen with Picture-in-Picture Mode
- Stream Full HD content wirelessly with included WirelessHD transmitter to project from virtually anywhere in the room and eliminate unsightly cable clutter; connects up to 5 HDMI™ devices simultaneously (Home Cinema 3600e only)
- Two pairs of rechargeable RF 3D glasses included (Home Cinema 3600e and 3500)
- Enjoy movies, videogames, sporting events and more in high-quality 2D and eye-popping 3D at up to 300-inches; front projection offers image size up to 36 times larger than a 50-inch flat panel
Front Projection Size Comparison: 50-inch Flat Panel Versus Projector Image Sizes
|Screen Size||Aspect Ratio||Surface Area||Size Comparison|
|50 in.||16:9||7.4 ft2||Baseline|
|90 in.||16:9||24 ft2||Over 3x larger|
|100 in.||16:9||29.7 ft2||Over 4x larger|
|120 in.||16:9||42.7 ft2||Over 5x larger|
|300 in.||16:9||267 ft2||Over 36x larger|
Availability and Support
The Epson® PowerLite Home Cinema 3600e ($1,999), Home Cinema 3500 ($1,699), and Home Cinema 3000 ($1,299) solutions are now available through select retailers nationwide and the Epson online store. All prices are MSRP. Each solution comes with Epson’s two-year limited warranty and industry leading service and support, including toll-free access to Epson’s PrivateLine® priority technical support, 90-day limited lamp warranty, and free two-business day exchange with Extra CareSM Home Service.
The new line of Epson Home Cinema projectors will be on display and demoed at Epson’s booth 240 at CEDIA Expo 2014, Sept. 10 – 13.