Epson Debuts Three 3,000-Lumen 1080p Living Room Projectors
Epson today unveiled three Home Cinema projectors designed for home theater enthusiasts as well as custom installers who serve the CEDIA channel. Designed for a variety of lighting conditions, the Home Cinema 3100, Home Cinema 3700 and Home Cinema 3900 feature up to 3,000 lumens of color brightness and 3,000 lumens of white brightness. All three are native 1080p with up to a 120,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and includes Epson Image Enhancement Technology.
The new projectors feature horizontal and vertical lens shift, which allows positioning flexibility with an incredible range of up to ± 60 percent on the vertical axis and up to ± 24 percent on the horizontal axis. In addition, the projectors’ 1.6x zoom ensures easy installation in virtually any room, even on tight shelf spaces. For example, users can project a 110-inch image from just 10.5 feet away – the wide vertical lens shift and zoom lens make positioning easy for a range of environments.
All three projectors support HDMI, plus MHL2 and the Home Cinema 3100, 3700 and 3900 all feature:
- Built-in Color Modes – Multiple color modes ensure the best possible image quality and color
- Full HD 1080p, Widescreen 2D/3D performance – Movies, games and more, up to 300 inches
- Deep Black Levels: Up to 1200,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Frame Interpolation Technology – Motion appears smoother, sharper and more realistic
- ISF Calibration Tools4 – Designed for CEDIA and custom installers, the Home Cinema 3900 meets ISF Certification standards, including specific ISF picture memory modes
- Color Brightness Specification – Brilliant Image quality requires high color brightness; Epson projectors utilize 3LCD, 3-chip technology and offer up to 3x higher color brightness than leading competitive projectors5, with no possibility of color break-up or “rainbow effect”
The Home Cinema 3100 ($1,299) and Home Cinema 3700 ($1,499) are available now and the Home Cinema 3900 ($1,999) will ship later this month. Here are all the specs.