“Document cameras deliver an additional level of engagement for students in the classroom,” said Veronika Knight, product manager, Projectors, Epson America Inc. “The new DC-13 allows educators to project tangible objects such as math tiles or gemstones, as well as primary source materials like photographs and letters, providing a more immersive learning experience compared to simply projecting images on a computer. The high-definition Epson DC-13 is equipped with the latest technology features, including superior resolution and 16x digital zoom, to enhance lessons and serve as a reliable and flexible teaching tool for K-12 educators.”
The DC-13 brings traditional classroom lessons to life and encourages students to discuss and question details of objects being projected. Educators can take advantage of the 1080p resolution to capture and share HD images with the included microscope adapter, compatible with both Windows® and Mac® computer operating systems. In addition, the DC-13 delivers multiple connectivity options, making high-definition lessons simple to produce, and is equipped with a video-camera that can rotate to function as a web cam, allowing lectures and lessons to be recorded. Audio files, videos, and images captured in the classroom can be easily saved on an SD1 card, and uploaded to class websites or sent via e-mail to parents and teachers looking to reference lessons.
More about the DC-13 Document Camera
The DC-13 delivers many advanced features to the classroom to engage students, including:
- High Image Quality: Large, highly efficient imaging sensor captures more light per pixel, and with 16x digital zoom capabilities, it produces bright images with amazing quality and detail
- Versatile Connectivity: Supports HDMI digital connectivity to produce HD 1080p resolution and high-definition video
- Record and Share Audio/Video Lessons: Camera head rotates +/- 90 degrees to capture many angles; easily record lessons with built-in microphone; included software allows teachers to annotate on an image and save using the software
- Microscope Adapter: Works with many standard microscopes for sharing magnified images with the entire class
- Freeze and Capture Buttons: Educators can easily pause and or resume images and video; all images can be captured and saved on an SD1 card and computer for easy sharing capabilities
- Easy Setup: Automatically detects native aspect ratio of Epson projectors and selects the correct output resolution to match; portable and light design to easily carry and set up
- Large Image Capture Area: Displays items up to 11.7” x 20.7”, making it easy to display two full pages; Split Screen function allows for displaying live and captured images side-by-side, ideal for comparing before and after photos
As a leader in innovation and partnership, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures®program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.
Designed with educator input, Epson’s advanced interactive display and projector technologies make bright, collaborative learning environments a reality. Compatible with a wide range of devices and widely-used interactive software, Epson projectors make it easy for teachers to share content to engage students, no matter where they sit in the classroom. Epson’s unmatched technology, service and support ensure educators are confident that high quality, bright images and multimedia are available in the classroom every day.
Availability, Pricing, and Support
The Epson DC-13 will be available for $449* in late May 2016 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, distribution, Epson.com and the Brighter Futures program. Epson’s document cameras come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – Epson PrivateLine®phone support with direct access to an expedited support telephone line, and a Road Service replacement program that includes product exchange in one business day with paid shipping. For additional information, visit http://www.epson.com/documentcameras.