LONG BEACH, Calif. – Nov. 14, 2019 – Epson, the number one projector manufacturer in the world, today announced availability for its new award-winning BrightLink® interactive laser displays – the BrightLink 1485Fi is now shipping and the BrightLink 1480Fi will ship in March 2020. These 3LCD interactive laser displays provide 5,000 lumens of color and white brightness2 and a virtually maintenance-free 20,000-hour laser light source with no lamps3for reliable, ultra-bright displays that support easy reading, instruction and communication. In addition, the BrightLink 1485Fi offers a new 16:6 widescreen display option for creating an ultra-wide display up to 120-inches.
“These new BrightLink models are ideal for both classroom and meeting room use, providing a large laser display with interactive capabilities to increase collaboration, engagement and productivity,” said Tom Piche, product manager, projectors, Epson America, Inc. “As true collaboration devices, the new models integrate the utility of an electronic whiteboard, projector and interactive display to transform virtually any flat surface into a digital whiteboard and interactive space that doesn’t require a computer or software.”
The flexible BrightLink 1485Fi projects both large, 100-inch, 16:9 and super-wide, 120-inch, 16:6 images, offering up to 95 percent more interactive space compared to a 75-inch flat panel. The 1485Fi and 1480Fi also support split-screen display, allowing users to easily show content from up to as many as four devices simultaneously, including PCs, document cameras, the electronic whiteboard or network-connected devices. In addition, the 1485Fi allows for easy operation with touch and pen-enabled interactivity,4 allowing up to eight users to collaborate at once. Designed for easy collaboration, both new BrightLink models support PC-free whiteboarding, printing, emailing, and more. Additional features include:
· Super bright – 5,000 lumens of color and white brightness2
· Flexible image sizes – Projects large, 100-inch, 16:9 images; BrightLink 1485Fi adds an option for super-wide 120-inch, 16:6 images – up to 95 percent more interactive space compared to a 75-inch flat panel
· Solid-state laser light source – Virtually maintenance-free 20,000-hour laser light source with no lamps3
· Easy installation – Automatic image adjustment; BrightLink 1485Fi adds simplified touch calibration to make installation easier than ever before
· Digital whiteboard – Draw, save, print, and email without a PC; share whiteboard content to other network-connected BrightLink projectors5
· Easy operation – BrightLink 1480Fi offers pen-enabled interactivity; BrightLink 1485Fi offers both touch and pen-enabled interactivity4 for up to eight users to collaborate at once
· Improved cable management – The BrightLink 1485Fi offers an HDBaseT control pad that supports video, audio and interactive functions, reducing the number of cables and making installation a snap6
· Built-in wireless – Use free Epson iProjection™ software to connect, display and share content simultaneously to/from up to 50 connected devices7
· Connect with Miracast® – Supports software-free, peer-to-peer wireless connectivity
· SMART Learning Suite – Includes one-year subscription and support for SMART Notebook®, SMART amp™, SMART lab™, SMART Learning Suite Online, and more
Pricing and Availability
The Epson BrightLink 1485Fi is available now for $2,850 (education pricing) and the BrightLink 1480Fi will be available in March 2020, with pricing available closer to shipping. The interactive laser displays come with a limited three-year warranty with next business day replacement, including free shipping both ways.8
As a leader in innovation, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for a total of five years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories. For additional information, visit http://www.epson.com/brightlink.