Embed Signage now includes full support of Samsung’s latest fourth-generation Smart Signage Platform Displays powered by Tizen. Tizen is an open source operating system. Although started by Samsung, Tizen was developed by a community of developers, under open source governance, and is open to all members who wish to participate.
From today users can connect their TIZEN-powered SSSP displays to embed signage and benefit from:
- Dramatically improved SSSP performance including better HTML content playback and CSS animations
- Remotely change display orientation — landscape, portrait, reverse landscape and reverse portrait
- Remote firmware updating
- Real-time device management including screenshots, rebooting, on / off timer schedule, set time and date and adjust volume
- IPTV (http/hls only) and Source input (HDMI, DVI, etc.) support
- Benefit from all the previously supported features of SSSP including external storage expansion (via USB), multi zone content, advanced scheduling, conditional play, widgets and much more
Similar to previous generations of the platform, the partnership between embed signage and SSSP provides users the ability to publish multi zone digital signage content directly to the Samsung displays, without an external media player.