elektraLite just launched a new eyeBall IUV (ELE728) — a high-output LED fixture for invisible ultraviolet light from a compact design.
At the heart of the eyeBall IUV are eighteen three-watt LEDs operating at a wavelength of 365nm, completely invisible to the human eye. The fixture’s output delivers fluorescence at distances of more than 75 feet with zero visible light emitting from the fixture, which allows for dark room and black light effects.
Able to fit in tight spaces, including 12-inch box trusses, the new elektraLite fixture was designed with an ultra-compact form factor for low ceiling applications. And, it weighs less than five pounds. Control is enabled via DMX, including RGB, strobe and console-free master/slave operation. Plug-and-play functionality is built right in. The eyeBall IUV has both power in and thru for daisy-chaining, and includes an interconnect jumper cable. The DMX connectors (both in and thru) are five-pin XLR; however, 3>5 pin and 5>3 pin turnarounds are provided for maximum flexibility.
Additional eyeBall IUV features include:
- 15-, 25- (installed), 40- and 60-degree beam spreads via supplied interchangeable lenses
- Flicker-free on-camera operation
- Variable, adjustable-speed strobe effect, from 0.3 to 25 FPS
- Variable, adjustable fans can be set to run automatically, manually, turned off or controlled via DMX
- Up to eight fixtures can be connected on one 20-amp circuit and can be run in standalone or master/slave configuration, all with or without a control source for fast, effective and efficient operation
The elektraLite ELE728 eyeBall IUV lists for $999 and all the specs are here.