Electro-Voice just announced the latest member of the X-Line Advance line-array loudspeaker family: the X12-125F flying subwoofer — a dual 15-inch system is equipped with high-output EV-engineered transducers delivering 9600 W output. The X12-125F features the family’s Integrated Rigging System for quick, secure and seamless deployment in arrays, and is sonically matched to the other members of the family: X1 and X2 (high-performance) full-range models, and the X12-128 ground-stacking dual 18-inch subwoofer. The X12-125F can also be used in ground-stacked configurations as well as fixed installations including live performance venues and houses of worship. Its very compact, lightweight 18-ply Baltic birch enclosure is finished in EVcoat for superior durability.
The X-Line Advance family currently consists of two-way vertical line-array loudspeaker elements providing 90- or 120-degree horizontal coverage, the powerful dual 18-inch X12-128 ground-stacking subwoofer, the TG7 system power and processing rack, and a complete package of rigging and transport materials. The new X12-125F subwoofer complements existing X-Line Advance models in a wide range of possible system configurations:
- Flown three-way system with X1 or X2 mains and X12-125F as subwoofer
- Flown four-way system with X1 or X2 mains, with X12-125F flown next to mains in LF mode and X12-128 as ground-stacked subwoofer
- Flown three-way system with X1 or X2 mains and X12-125F above mains as subwoofer in single flown array
- Flown four-way system with X1 or X2 mains and X12-125F above mains in LF mode in single flown array with X12-128 ground stacked as subwoofer
- Ground-stacked three-way configuration with X12-125F as the base of the ground stack in subwoofer mode, with X1 or X2 above as mains
- Ground-stacked four-way configuration with X12-125F as the base of the ground stack in LF mode, with X1 or X2 above as mains and X12-128 as center mono subwoofer array