If you’ve never attended a Drunk Unkles Concert at InfoComm, you need to this year. The Drunk Unkles started more than 10 years ago as a casual hobby. They performed their first charity fundraising event to help support the family of an industry peer who unexpectedly lost his life. The NSCA Education Foundation has continued this tradition of supporting industry members during InfoComm, the NSCA Systems Integration Expo, individual member causes and other fundraising events throughout the year. The Drunk Unkles, made up of your industry peers include:
- Felix Robinson (Angel) – AVI-SPL
- “Unkle” Steve Emspak (Aerosmith Songsmith) – Shen Milsom & Wilke
- Marc Hochlerin (Mazarin) – Cerami & Associates
- Mike “The Pie” Phillips – Hudson Marketing Inc.
- Johnny “Bottom” Cardone – Cardone Solomon and Associates
- “Aunt” Lisa Wenger – Bosch Communications Systems
Here’s the complete history of the band: http://www.nsca.org/Portals/0/Documents/Foundation/Drunk%20Unkles%20Bio%20for%20website.pdf
To date, this annual event has raised more than $100,000 for the NSCA Education Foundation, which focuses on the advancement of the systems integration industry by providing access to the best education and training programs for new students and current professionals.
This year’s event will be at BB Kings (their third appearance at BB’s in Orlando) and you can find more information here: http://www.nsca.org/Foundation/Events/DrunkUnklesConcert/tabid/358/Default.aspx