D+M is here at CEDIA marketing Denon, Marantz and Boston Acoustic products including HEOS by Denon wireless multi-room sound system, and several new speakers and AVRs.
HEOS by Denon: HEOS by Denon is a multi-room sound system aimed at Sonos. The product line includes four wireless multi-zone music players: HEOS 1 and its Go Pack accessory, HEOS 3, HEOS 5, and HEOS 7, as well as the HEOS Drive (a CEDIA award finalist), HEOS HomeCinema, HEOS Link, and HEOS Amp.
HEOS brings Denon-quality audio to all rooms in the home by connecting to an existing network via the HEOS app, available for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire. HEOS delivers users’ favorite music from music services like Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, Pandora, Rhapsody, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, TIDAL, RDIO and SoundCloud as well as smart devices, PCs, Macs or NAS drives on any home network.
The HEOS products are:
- HEOS 1 wireless speaker ($199) and HEOS 1 Go Pack ($99) ultra-compact wireless speaker is intended for both indoor and outdoor use. This compact, portable speaker plays audio via either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi audio streaming with superior Denon quality sound. The HEOS 1 Go Pack makes it possible to take HEOS 1 anywhere with its lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack. HEOS 1 is the smallest, and most affordable amplified speaker in the series.
- HEOS 3 ($299) wireless speaker is a quality compact and versatile speaker. This fully featured flexible wireless stereo speaker system plays the user’s favorite music from a range of streaming services, from a smartphone or tablet, and from a USB drive too. Ideal for smaller spaces such as bedrooms, offices, dens, kitchens and dorm rooms, users can lay it down or stand it up – it can be placed virtually anywhere.
- HEOS 5 ($399) wireless speaker is where elegance meets performance. This discreet and elegant speaker produces incredibly detailed wide range high fidelity. It is ideal for medium to large rooms such as dining rooms, larger bedrooms and offices, or smaller living rooms.
- HEOS 7 ($599) wireless speaker is for the ultimate listening experience. Able to produce true wide range high fidelity stereo sound, the HEOS 7 can deliver room-filling volume even in larger spaces such as living rooms, great rooms, and open area floor plans.
- HEOS HomeCinema ($799) soundbar and wireless subwoofer upgrades the sound of any flat screen TV with Denon quality audio. In addition to its use as a soundbar, it integrates as a 2.1 speaker package for the HEOS wireless music system.
- HEOS Link ($349) stereo pre-amplifier allows users to integrate any existing music system into the HEOS by Denon “ecosystem” by bringing any existing stereo or multi-channel audio products (with an input jack) that users already own into the HEOS multi-room sound system.
- HEOS Amp ($499) is designed to add HEOS multi-room audio functionality to any pair of stereo loudspeakers1—perfect for outdoor, in-ceiling, floorstanding or bookshelf models—and features the same wireless ease-of-use as Denon’s HEOS speaker models.
- HEOS Drive ($2,499) is a whole home multi-zone amplifier in a single, compact chassis. Designed by and for custom integration specialists, the Drive fills a gap in the multi-room audio market. Its functionality is similar to both the HEOS Amp and the HEOS Link. The HEOS Drive gives coverage of all four HEOS zones in a single 2U (3.5-inch-tall) chassis. It provides a balance between the ease of operation consumers demand, and the flexibility custom installers need.
HEOS fully supports the custom integration market via a comprehensive, open control API compatible with any 3rd party control such as Control4, Crestron, RTI, Key Digital Compass Control, Pro Control and URC.