DSE is now accepting nominations for its 12th Annual APEX Awards for Digital Signage Installations and Content.
To qualify, nominees must have a new or current digital signage or interactive technology program installed between Nov. 1, 2013, and Nov. 1, 2014. Submissions deadline is Fri., Oct. 17, 2014, additional information and entry forms are available here.
Nominated installations will be evaluated by a panel of independent judges on the basis of:
- Challenge — The size, scope or unique requirements of the deployment and what problems had to be solved or overcome to ensure successful implementation.
- Solution — The degree to which the solution was “cutting edge” (new, unique, or innovative).
- Result — The quantitative extent to which the digital signage or interactive technology deployment benefited the viewer and achieved the installation’s goals.
New to the Apex Installation Awards is a Future Concept category for artistic renderings of futuristic installations showing digital displays, interactive technology and mobile applications integrated into the built environment.
Richard Lebovitz, DSE’s editorial director, said, “The new category is designed to encourage imaginative thinking about the role digital displays will play in the future. Technology is evolving at a rapidly increasing pace, and if our industry wants to remain viable and relevant, we can’t afford to fall behind. Hopefully, this new category will spur companies to rise to the challenge and share their visions of tomorrow.”
Nominated Content entries will be evaluated by a panel of independent judges on the basis of:
- Relevance — Was the content RELEVANT to the viewer and in CONTEXT with the environment.
- Creativity — Was the content eye catching? Fresh? New? Original? Imaginative? Did it wow the viewer?
- Intended Mission — What was the goal? Was it achieved? How was it measured? What were the results?
The nominating companies can be the venues themselves, the technology providers that provided the installation hardware and software, the architects and design firms who conceived the project, as well as the system integrators who did the installation.
This year, the 2015 awards program will be held as a breakfast during DSE on March 12th from 7:00-9:00 a.m. at the Las Vegas Convention Center. DSE, co-located with the Digital Content Show, is scheduled for March 10-13, 2015, with access to the Exhibit Hall March 11 and 12 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. More information on the trade show is here.