Densitron announced five new products in its touch screen line, dubbed “Intelligent Display System,” or IDS for short. Developed to provide control of both IDS and third-party broadcast systems, Densitron says the display and control surfaces are ideal for tasks such as production and offset timing, clocks and tally information and live visual feedback. Simultaneously, the company is also launching a new endpoint SBC, R7, for use with the IDS solution.
All four of the new touch screens run IDS software to display comprehensive information and alerts about users’ broadcast systems. They feature interactive multitouch displays and can be deployed to provide ergonomic network control of both IDS and other vendor equipment. Connection to the IDS network is achieved via Ethernet.
- The 6.6” IDS TS6.6 is the most compact of the four products with a 1,440×240 pixel array providing a resolution of 222 pixels per inch. It is housed in a steel 1RU rack-mountable enclosure (half-width), making it suitable for installation in desks or apparatus rooms.
- The 10.1” IDS TS10.1 incorporates an IPS TFT with 1,200×1,920 resolution display and control unit. Housed in a steel enclosure, this touch screen can be wall- or desktop-mounted, giving the user considerable flexibility in terms of positioning.
- The 2x 6.6” IDS TS13.2 is also high contrast, high brightness and high resolution IPS TFT with 2x 1440 x 240 displays providing a resolution of 222 PPI. The displays are housed in a steel 1RU rack-mountable enclosure, and once again the solution can be installed in desks or apparatus rooms.
- The 16.3” IDS TS16.3. Housed in a steel 2RU rack-mountable enclosure, this multitouch interactive control and monitoring surface is high contrast, high brightness and high resolution IPS TFT with 1,920×285 resolution.
- The R7 SBC includes an AMD Embedded System-on-Chip (SOC) design with powerful dual core @ 1.2 gigahertz processing and 4GB inbuilt memory.
All five of the new products are now shipping.