Denon Professional today launched something it’s calling Envoi, which is basically a portable, wireless sound system. Perfect for entertainment events and public speaking engagements, this compact, easily transportable system solves the dilemma of amplifying voices and music to a large audience when there is no access to AC power.
The Envoi is fully wireless, with up to 12 hours of battery life, a handheld wireless microphone for mobility and even a Bluetooth receiver allowing users to stream music right from their smartphone or tablet. In addition, a fully featured, built-in MP3 player can handle any playback files stored on SD card or USB thumb drive for total BYOD compatibility.
Envoi’s sound comes from 360-watt amplifier built around Class D technology using 10” woofer and phase-aligned tweeters.
Denon Professional Envoi includes:
- Full musical range frequency response up to 20 kHz
- Two-way active speaker (10” woofer, 1” compression HF driver)
- Built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of powerful sound
- 360 watts Class D power (AC power line), 240 watts (DC battery powered)
- USB/SD MP3/WMA Player for unattended playback
- Informative, clear LCD display
- Two-wheel system with retractable handle for easy transportability
- Mic 1&2 combo inputs with Mic/Line level selector switch
- 1⁄4inch (6.3mm) aux input connector
- Two-band bass/treble EQ, ±12dB
- Reverb effect with trim knob
- Four-point battery level indicator
- Multi voltage switch
- Standard 35mm polemount socket
- Compact size 16.7 x 14.1 x 24.6″ (425 x 360 x 626 millimeter)
- Weight: 41.8 pounds (19 kilograms)
When it’s on their website, it will be here.