Everyone knows — even though Denon doesn’t name them by name, that HEOS is targeted at taking over the SONOS market. And, to do that, Denon was short one critical component that the company just launched: a soundbar. And, to take another shot at SONOS, Denon also launched a subwoofer.
Denon’s new HEOS HomeCinema wireless soundbar and subwoofer system is expected to be available in July for $799.
The wireless soundbar features dual 2-inch by 5-inch precision drivers that reproduce the upper bass and midrange audio, delivering clear audio especially in the vocal range. There are also dual 20mm dome tweeters that reproduce the entire treble range, with response extending to 20 kHz.
The unit provides an HDMI input and output (with TV audio return channel) as well as Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS decoders. And, according to Denon, thanks to the HEOS App control and TV remote learning function, the setup and operation are easy.
Flat screen TVs come with one of the HDMI inputs equipped with Audio Return Channel (ARC), which lets users listen to audio from a source device (such as a cable or satellite box) as well as being able to listen to audio from the TV’s internal tuner or from a smart TV’s built-in content streaming capability. In addition users can use the TV remote to control the volume of the soundbar.
For TVs without ARC, users can connect the HEOS HomeCinema via one of the two available digital audio connections—both optical and coaxial digital audio inputs are provided as well as an IR learning function for the TV remote.
The matching wireless HEOS HomeCinema subwoofer features dual 5¼-inch woofers that work in tandem to deliver the authoritative deep bass found in today’s movie and music soundtracks for distortion-free bass at any listening level. The level can be easily controlled via the HEOS app. The compact subwoofer can be placed horizontally or vertically for the widest range of installation options.
HEOS HomeCinema features:
- Amplifies TV sound and works as a HEOS speaker
- Wireless subwoofer included
- Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS
- HDMI input/output, HDMI ARC
- Optical and coaxial inputs and AUX in
- USB input for mass storage
- Music and Movie DSP modes
- Dialog enhancer and Night mode
- TV sound can be distributed throughout the HEOS ecosystem
- Shelf or wall mount
- Built-in keyholes for wall mounting, including wall mount template
- HDMI and optical cable for TV connection included
- Installation assistant via app, including IR TV remote learning
- IR blaster in case TV sensor is hidden by the soundbar
More information about the HEOS HomeCinema is available here.