Audinate has announced enhancements to its Dante Virtual Soundcard software for Windows. The Dante Virtual Soundcard allows your PC or Mac to connect your preferred audio application directly to a Dante audio network. Dante Virtual Soundcard uses the standard Ethernet port on your computer to communicate with a network of other Dante enabled devices — no special hardware is required.
With the new Windows Driver Model (WDM) mode in V3.2.0, Dante Virtual Soundcard for Windows now adds support for applications including iTunes, Windows Media Player, Skype and more. PC users can play out or record audio from these applications with professional sound quality.
- Choice of 64×64 ASIO or 8×8 WDM mode (presents as four stereo Windows WDMsoundcards)
- Choice of 44.1kHz or 48kHz sample rate in WDM mode
- Windows 8 32- and 64 bit support
- Integrated online help
- Installation of Apple Bonjour service no longer required
- Clock performance improvements
Download Dante Virtual Soundcard V3.2.0 for Windows at the Audinate website:http://www.audinate.com/DanteVirtualSoundcard