Crestron announced updates to its Crestron Home platform this week. Part of the announcement includes the new MC4-R 4-Series control system, designed to meet the needs of small to mid-sized homes and MDU installations. Designed for flexibility, the MC4-R is powered via PoE, has a full complement of built-in control ports, and includes an infiNET EX wireless gateway. It can can be surface- or rack-mounted, and its small size even allows installation behind a TV. Capable of controlling hundreds of devices, the MC4-R packs dazzling performance and Crestron’s industry-leading security into a convenient form factor at a great price.
Crestron Home includes support for standard control protocols, such as DALI and BACnet, and partnerships with manufacturers, including 2N, CoolAutomation, Jandy, Pentair, Hayward, Sonos and Domotz. Crestron Home works with products including Apple HomeKit devices, Amazon Alexa devices, Google Assistant virtual personal assistant, and Sonos devices.
New Crestron Home features include:
- Smart TV support, including direct access to streaming services, such as Netflix and Hulu, from the Crestron mobile app, touch screens and remotes
- Support for Dark Mode on iPhone smartphones and iPad tablets
- IP control of Apple TV from any user interface, including the TSR-310, Crestron touch screens, and mobile devices and Siri voice recognition with Apple TV
- Enhanced UX to access control of garage doors, gates and door locks
- Support for pool and spa controls
- Ability to integrate audio and video DAs
- Live camera control and monitoring
- Ability to password-protect sensitive subsystems, such as security, home access and cameras
- Support for Google Assistant virtual personal assistant to control lighting