Orlando, FL, June 12, 2013 – Crestron will introduce AirMedia™, its all-new wireless HD presentation solution for small meeting rooms, at InfoComm® 2013 in Orlando, June 12-14. Featuring simple plug-and-play installation, AirMedia brings presentation, collaboration and content sharing capabilities to small conference rooms, huddle rooms, and offices that aren’t wired for an AV system. AirMedia enables anyone to walk into a room, connect to the existing display over Wi-Fi®, and wirelessly present HD content from their personal smart phone, tablet, or laptop.
“AirMedia turns any room or space into a productive environment by enabling small groups to connect their personal devices wirelessly to the room display and begin collaborating immediately,” said Fred Bargetzi, Crestron VP of Technology. “For IT staff, a simple Ethernet connection from the AirMedia console to the LAN is all that’s needed and your room is ready to go. No additional software, AV equipment or control system is needed.”
AirMedia offers many benefits for today’s team-oriented workplaces such as:
• Wirelessly present audio and video content to a room display, or view remotely from a personal smartphone, tablet or laptop
• Collaborate and share content from up to four personal devices simultaneously on one room display
• Inexpensive out-of-the-box solution that easily connects to the network – ideal for smaller spaces where an advanced AV system is not practical
• Integrates with Crestron DigitalMedia™ for the ultimate HD solution
There are three easy ways to present wirelessly with AirMedia:
• Use a laptop and follow the onscreen instructions. Enter the web address displayed on the splash screen to begin a presentation. No pre-installed software is required. This is especially useful for small to mid-size organizations and guest presenters.
• Download the free app to use on a personal mobile device, such as an iPhone® or iPad, to instantly connect to AirMedia. Simply select the file to present on the room display and then swipe through slides on the mobile device.
• For large enterprise applications, IT can push the client executable to all laptops simultaneously via the network.
Group collaboration AirMedia allows up to 32 users to connect at the same time in the same room. Simply switch from one presenter to the next using the onscreen button. Collaboration is also easy. Using Quad View, up to four presenters’ content can be displayed simultaneously. Remote View allows participants in other locations to log in from a Web browser to view the presentation.
AirMedia integrates with Crestron DigitalMedia™, control systems, and capture devices as part of a complete enterprise-wide AV distribution solution.
To see Crestron AirMedia and many other new products in action, visit Crestron booth #2900 at the Orlando County Convention Center, June 12-14.
Learn more about Crestron Enterprise Building Management Solutions on display at InfoComm 2013.
For more than 40 years Crestron has been the world’s leading manufacturer of advanced control and automation systems, innovating technology and reinventing the way people live and work. Providing integrated solutions to control audio, video, lighting, computer, IP and environmental systems, Crestron streamlines technology, improving the quality of life for people in corporate conference rooms, hotels, classrooms, auditoriums, and in their homes. Crestron’s leadership stems from its dedicated people who are committed to providing the best products, programs and services in the industry. In addition to its World Headquarters in Rockleigh, New Jersey, Crestron has sales and support offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, Asia, Latin America and Australia. Discover the world of Crestron by visiting www.crestron.com.