Control4 Corporation today announces the Pakedge Certified Network Administrator (PCNA) program. PCNA is a training experience that employs online coursework with hands-on learning using Pakedge networking gear to provide dealers and technicians the networking knowledge they need to design, install and manage wired and wireless IP networks. The PCNA course curriculum combines interactive coursework, online instructional office hours and an online certification exam to ensure networking competency for the global Control4 and Pakedge dealer base.
Dealers can train their technicians enroll and complete the PCNA course work from home or office, during work hours or on their own time, without incurring the cost of travel for traditional training. Enrollment in the six-course PCNA curriculum also includes accompanying Pakedge networking equipment (list $2,300) for the hands-on tutorials, including:
- RK-1 Router with BakPak
- SX-8P Managed PoE Switch
- WK-1 802.11ac WAP with 2×2 MIMO array and 1.3 Gbps aggregate throughput
- P2 Power Distribution Unit
- Necessary cables
Through online guided tutorials, technicians can learn the fundamentals of how TCP/IP works. They can directly experience the material differences between different types of Ethernet cables (CAT5e, CAT6, CAT6a, CAT7), and they can drill down into the workings and configuration options of network routers, switches and wireless access points, as well as learn the logical processes for designing networks for predictable, reliable performance.
The first two courses of the PCNA are available beginning today for Control4 and Pakedge Dealers here. The schedule for the full curriculum of courses is as follows:
- Course 1: Networking Essentials – available today
- Course 2: Switches – available today
- Course 3: Routers – available September 26, 2017
- Course 4: Wireless Access Points – available October 3, 2017
- Course 5: Remote Monitoring & Management – available October 10, 2017
- Course 6: Network Planning – available October 17, 2017
A brief walk-through video with an overview of their course materials is here.