Cobalt Digital today announced updates and additions to the popular Blue Box Group (BBG) family of fiber-interface converter boxes.
MK2 is the second generation of fiber optic BBG units. MK2 supports Cobalt’s BBGConfig software for setup and status-monitoring over USB and includes the following throwdown fiber-conversion products:
- BBG-EO-MK2 Single 3G/HD/SD-SDI/ASI/MADI Transmit
- BBG-OE-MK2 Single 3G/HD/SD-SDI/ASI/MADI Receive
- BBG-2EO-MK2 Dual 3G/HD/SD-SDI/ASI/MADI Transmit
- BBG-2OE-MK2 Dual 3G/HD/SD-SDI/ASI/MADI Receive
- BBG-EOOE-MK2 3G/HD/SD-SDI/ASI/MADI Transceiver
- BBG-H-TO-F HDMI 1.4 or DVI to SMPTE 259M, 292M, 424M SDI and SMPTE 297 Fiber-Optic Converter
Another new addition is the BBG-SFP-SXH reconfigurable video SFP throwdown box. This BBG unit has a 3G/HD/SD-SDI-selectable input or output with external SFP cage and HDMI and stereo analog audio output. A range of SFPs will be available for this box, making it a platform with maximum flexibility. Like all of the other new fiber BBG converters, the BBG-SFP-SXH supports the Cobalt BBGConfig application.