Chief has redesigned above-ceiling boxes to help installers by eliminating common problems encountered on the job.
Installer feedback led Chief engineers to design a better storage box to remove the need for frustrating swing down doors that can get in the way during installation and servicing. The boxes include an industry-first drop-down feature that lowers the entire frame enough to slide the tile out of the way.
Designers also focused on maximizing the column location within a tile space for less reliance on digital adjustments and lens shift to the image.
- 1×2 and 2×2 sizes
- Ship with all the speed connect hardware needed for installation
- Power can be added either in the box or facing the room
- A detachable power plate allows the electrician to pre-wire the area before box installation begins
- Passive cooling vents help with thermal management
- The boxes can hold 100 pounds (45.4 kg). That includes 50 pounds (22.7 kg) for the projector and up to 25 pounds (11.3 kg) per shelf. AV components can be loaded to the shelf before bringing it to the ceiling for further installation convenience.
The CMS491 and CMS492 above ceiling boxes can be ordered with or without a column drop. All boxes come with one shelf. Accessories to further customize the installation include another shelf and a 1RU rack rail. A fan kit for active thermal management will be available at a later date.