Minneapolis, MN, December 19, 2013 Alpha Video is pleased to announce that Chad Maxa, Director of Technology at Intermediate District 287, has been selected as the 2013 Outstanding Minnesota High School AV/Media Coordinator.
Intermediate District 287 is a consortium of 12 west metro school districts offering programs and services to meet the unique learning needs of over 10,000 students from member districts. The District provides services from its Service Center in Plymouth and from twelve other facilities located throughout the west metro.
Maxa was recognized for the effective and innovative implementation of audio, video and media technology. Some of his accomplishments include:
- Managing the selection and implementation of technology at all 13 district locations.
- Directed the implementation of Moodle as the curriculum hub and the platform for supporting the district’s online consortium, Northern Star Online (NSO).
- Coordinated the use of mobile devices to enhance student outcomes.
- Managed the process to bring two new unique educational applications to the iTunes market, “Click n’ Talk” and “Talk’n Photos”.
- Volunteered and was a key leader in a regional data sharing initiative involving the Minnesota Department of Education, TIES, 18 school districts and Hennepin County.
Commenting about Maxa’s work at the school district, Jane Holmberg, Executive Director of Teaching and Learning, said, “Chad envisions a robust system of sharing student information that will increase positive outcomes for the region’s most vulnerable students who are at risk of dropping out of school. With his energy, drive and considerable technical knowledge, it is likely he will succeed in realizing his vision.”
Maxa received his award on December 16, 2013 at the annual TIES Education Technology Conference. Todd Johnson, Director of Alpha Video’s Academic Solutions Group, presented the award to him.
Alpha Video, CastNET digital signage and Sharp Electronics, who generously donated a 70″ Aquos 1080p LED monitor to the winner’s school, sponsored the award program.