The first live trade show for 2021, CEDIA Expo 2021, has opened registration! CEDIA Expo begins Aug. 31, 2021, with pre-show conference sessions and show floor programming running Sept. 1-3, 2021, at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.
CEDIA Expo is expected to attract over 10,000 home integration professionals and 300 exhibitors, including Crestron, Elan, Harman, Legrand AV, LG, Lutron, Samsung, Savant, Snap AV/Control 4, URC and Yamaha, among many others.
rAVe is tripling our coverage depth of CEDIA in preparation for the 2021 event. More details will come but, we will be doing something “special” for CEDIA in 2021, too!
“It’s hard to believe, but we’re closing in on two years since the last in-person CEDIA Expo and now — more than ever — we know there’s a need for community, connection and getting back to business,” said Emerald Group vice president, CEDIA Expo & the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS), Jason McGraw. “We’re all eager to connect again on a human level and get back to face-to-face events as we celebrate everything we value as a community together again.”
CEDIA Expo 2021 will expand on popular existing activations, as well as introduce new programs and partnerships including:
- The CEDIA Expo Smart Stage: Returning in 2021 as the core destination for insights, celebrations and connections at CEDIA Expo. Seventeen panel discussions, programs and award ceremonies will be held throughout the three days of the show. Topics range from Resimercial solutions including Work from Home, “Main Street”/Light Commercial, multi-family housing, as well as Design & Construction, Wellness and Business Intelligence.
- TechStarter, Powered by the Launchpad: The newly branded “Launchpad” exhibit area will celebrate the TechStarter Program introduced in 2019. TechStarter offers new-to-market Launchpad exhibitors the opportunity to pitch their business models to C-suite executives and compete to be one of the “TechStarter FIVE.” The program will culminate with a TechStarter award ceremony on the Smart Stage, naming the brand with the most promising business model.
- Innovation Hub – “Hottest New Spaces Connect with Coolest Brands:” The INNOVATION HUB is a new, content-rich program feature on the CEDIA Expo show floor. Three different hosts will introduce exhibiting brands who will present case studies, sharing 20 minute takes on the newest residential technology applications. Topics will include:
- Outdoor Living
- Resimercial/Work from Home/Home Office
- Home Theatre
- Smart Water
- IMCCA Strategic Programming Partner – Usually at InfoComm, the Interactive Multimedia & Collaborative Communications Alliance (IMCCA) makes its CEDIA debut with insights and subject matter experts to a variety of CEDIA Expo 2021 activations, including on the CEDIA Expo Smart Stage and Innovation Hub. Topics will be centered on the exponentially growing Work from Home (WFH) segment “resimercial” technology needs and opportunities. Additionally, IMCCA will host technology demonstrations of home office communications solutions on the show floor.
CEDIA will expand on its education initiatives at CEDIA Expo and Conference by offering a wide range of education topics and customizable education planning for integrators to take their career to the next level. This year’s All Access CEDIA Training Pass opens access to over 100 courses, with subject matter ranging from the highly technical to the business-oriented and learning opportunities geared for those new to the industry, seasoned pros and everyone in-between. Some 50 classes will be available on-demand from August 31 to Sept. 30, 2021, through the On-Demand CEDIA Training Pass, which also includes select, highlighted classes recorded from the in-person conference.
“CEDIA Education is a cornerstone of CEDIA Expo and we’re proud to offer our robust slate of educational opportunities that meet learners where they are and help them elevate their skill set,” said CEDIA senior vice president of education and training, Samantha Ventura. “We’re all ready to get back to business and the rigorous courses offered in-person and on-demand will help set integrators up for success and explore new avenues of professional and personal growth.”
Dr. Poppy Crum, chief scientist at Dolby Sound and adjunct professor at Stanford University, will present the keynote, “The Future of Storytelling,” on Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2021, at 5:30 p.m. at the Indiana Convention Center. A visionary futurist and accomplished neuroscientist, Crum bridges the gap between technology and insightful effective human interaction. Her remarks are sure to inspire attendees to think about ways immersive technologies enhance our experiences and interactions in the world.