The CEDIA board of directors announced the unanimous election of David Weinstein as its new chair and listed new officers that will serve as its 2022 executive committee. The appointments are as follows:
- David Weinstein, chairperson: vice resident, residential sales at Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. He is responsible for product specification and sales across Lutron’s professionally designed and installed residential facing channels including Residential Integrated Systems, Residential Window Systems Provider, AV Distribution, Retail Integrator and Security Sales Channels. Soon after joining Lutron, Weinstein led the introduction and launch of Lutron’s residential and commercial shading systems across residential and commercial sales channels and global geographies.
- Jamie Briesemeister, vice-chairperson: CEO and co-founder at Integration Controls. Briesemeister often participates in panel discussions, presents informative sessions and offers Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to architects and designers. She serves as an advocate for technology considerations and collaboration in the design/build process and has written for Connected Design, Residential Tech Today and Technology Designer.
- Michael Sherman, secretary: CEO at Henri. Sherman has been with Henri for 11 years, previously serving in management, development and operations roles and as project manager and technical director. The 2019 CEDIA Young Professional of the Year, Sherman has volunteered for CEDIA for 10 years and was on the CEDIA EMEA Board of Directors from 2011-2013.
- Alex Capecelatro, treasurer: CEO at Josh.ai. Josh.ai utilizes a proprietary natural language understanding (NLU) engine with control integrations for a powerful smart home experience. Capecelatro’s focus is at the intersection of elegant design, cutting-edge software and purposeful hardware to offer transformational experiences.
- Rob Sutherland, immediate past chairperson: managing director at Inspired Dwellings. Sutherland was initially elected to the EMEA board of directors at the time of the Global Integration discussions. He became part of the EMEA Integration team and was subsequently elected to the newly formed Global Board. For the last two years, Sutherland has been the chairperson of the CEDIA board. Sutherland is also a CEDIA outreach instructor (COI).
“I am honored to have been chosen to lead our board,” said Weinstein. “The opportunity to work creatively and synergistically to support Daryl Friedman and the CEDIA staff has never been greater. With residential spaces more central to people’s lives than ever before, CEDIA is in a great position to foster continued industry growth for our valued members. My sincere gratitude goes to Jamie, Michael, Alex and Rob and the entire board for joining me as we work with our new CEO to take CEDIA to the next level.”
The selections represent the board’s approach to create a well-rounded body that represents the diversified and global community of CEDIA professionals. Briesemeister is the first female vice-chairperson and the highest-ranking woman in the history of CEDIA’s board. Sherman’s appointment marks the first executive committee representative from a French integration company. Sutherland’s position continues to ensure highly experienced board representation from the UK market.
“We are ecstatic to usher in the 2022 Executive Committee who we know will act as a strong force in helping to shape CEDIA’s future,” said Daryl Friedman, CEDIA global president and CEO. “The first-hand experiences and passionate ideas this group brings to the table are invaluable, and we can’t thank them enough for dedicating their time to CEDIA. We also want to thank Rob Sutherland, immediate past chairperson, for his service on behalf of the entire industry and for acting as a shining example to all those who will fill the role after him.”