CEDIA has announced the 2016 volunteer board of directors. The board has three new directors: John Clancy, Ken Erdmann and Greg Margolis, as well as two re-elected directors: Michael Pope and Joe Whitaker. The CEDIA board also chose to appoint a new director, Jeremy Sweet, who will join the CEDIA board of directors for a one-year term to fill a vacated appointed position.
John Clancy currently serves as executive vice president and chief technology officer for New York-based Audio Command systems. Ken Erdmann is co-founder and part owner of Erdmann Electric, Inc. based out of Springville Utah. Greg Margolis attended the University of Texas and instead of becoming a stockbroker in the midst of a recession, jumped into an unknown industry, home automation, founding HomeTronics in 1986. Jeremy Sweet has been the general manager for Connection Magazines for the last 12 years.
The 2016 CEDIA board of directors is composed of:
- John Clancy, Audio Command Systems, Inc.
- Ken Erdmann, Erdmann Electric
- Dennis Erskine, Erskine Group, Inc.
- Hagai Feiner, Access Networks
- Omar Hikal, Archimedia
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Kris Hogg, Konnectiv Technology
Sheffield, United Kingdom
- David Humphries, Atlantic Integrated
- Greg Margolis, HomeTronics, Inc.
- Larry Pexton, Triad Speakers Inc. – Founding Member
- Michael Pope – Re-elected, Audio Video Interiors
Middleburg Heights, OH
- Jeremy Sweet – Appointed, Connected Home
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- George Walter, Christie Digital Systems
- Joe Whitaker – Re-elected, The Thoughtful Home