C2G announced a new family of HDMI HDBaseT extenders for the delivery of uncompressed HDMI video and audio signals (in addition to VGA, IR, RS232, USB-C, USB 2.0 and analog audio) over a single network patch cable to displays. The extenders are designed for conference rooms, huddle rooms, classrooms, lecture halls and more.
The C2G family of HDMI HDBaseT extenders includes 16 transmitters, receivers and transmitter/receiver kits with included power adapters. The devices support resolutions up to 4K at 60Hz (4:2:0) and extend single or dual HDMI sources up to 130 feet or 328 feet over a single Cat6a cable. To meet the needs of any commercial application, the family includes solutions with support for:
- VGA resolutions up to 1920×1200 at 60Hz
- Visual lossless compression (VLC)
- USB-C pass-through
- High-speed USB 2.0 pass-through for KVM control of devices such as USB cameras, keyboards and mice
- One-way and bi-directional IR and RS232 pass-through
- Analog audio pass-through
- Multichannel audio formats including PCM 2.0/5.1/7.1, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS:X
- API command control through transmitter Micro USB ports or receiver RS232 ports
- Automatic switching between input sources
- CEC pass-through for central control of all HDMI-compatible devices
Transmitters are offered in wall plate and box form factors, and wall plate transmitters are available in single- and dual-gang configurations. Receivers are available with built-in scaling, in addition to S/PDIF outputs for the de-embedding of connected audio devices for audio distribution. All devices are HDCP 2.2-compliant. Power over Cable (PoC) and Power over HDBaseT (PoH) support means only one power adapter is required at the transmitter or receiver to power both units.