Bryston’s new CIW architectural loudspeaker is designed to accommodate the requirements of newer surround formats such as Dolby Atmos, which require ceiling speakers for proper configuration.
The Bryston CIW is a round coaxial design based on a 6.5-inch aluminum woofer and a 1-inch titanium tweeter. The CIW takes advantage of the same tweeter design found in other Bryston loudspeakers, however the tweeter motor utilizes a neodymium magnet – a compact yet powerful element used to conserve size while maintaining the desired energy in the gap. The CIW tweeter also pivots, enabling the installer to direct the field of dispersion as needed for each application. The CIW’s woofer is also derived from Bryston’s A-Series loudspeakers.
It offers a fully enclosed acoustic suspension design featuring Bryston’s anti-standing wave rear chamber. Two additional form factors — a flange-less and a flush-mount version of the CIW are currently in development as well. The Bryston CIW has an MSRP of $290 each and is expected to ship to Bryston dealers in Q4, 2014.
Bryston CIW Specifications:
- Enclosure: Acoustic Suspension
- Max Amp Power: 175 Watts, Min Amp Power: 10 Watts
- Frequency Response +/-3dB: 70 – 22 kHz, +3dB- 9dB: 50 – 22 kHz
- Impedance 8 Ohms
- SPL in Room1w/1m: 92 dB, Anechoic 1w/1m: 88 dB
- Crossover 2.2 kHz
- Tweeter: Single 1″ titanium
- Woofer: Single 6.5″ aluminum
- On-ceiling Dimensions (inches) – 9 5⁄8″ diameter x 3⁄8″
- In-ceiling (Cut out) Dimensions (inches) – 8 1⁄4″ diameter x 4 9⁄16″
- On-ceiling Dimensions (mm) – 244 diameter x 9
- In-ceiling (Cut out) Dimensions (mm) – 210 diameter x 116
- Weight (lbs) each 12.7 lbs – Weight (kg) each 5.761 kg
It’s not on the website yet, but when it is, it will be here.