Blue Jeans Network unveiled what it’s calling the next generation of its livestreaming platform adding better system management and security. Dubbed BlueJeans Events, it includes video interactivity and controls to manage live presentations, webinars, training events and executive town hall-like events that can host up to 15,000 participants. According to a BlueJeans TechValidate survey, 72 percent of customers reported needing a town hall solution that would allow attendees to join from any endpoint — mobile devices, laptops, conference rooms, etc. Merging live videoconferencing, content sharing and live streaming capabilities into a single interoperable system, BlueJeans Events removes barriers between different systems to make it easy for users to connect and participate in everything from all-hands meetings and executive town halls to webcasts, speaking panels and virtual training sessions — and in multiple languages
BlueJeans teamed up with Interprefy to integrate Interprefy’s real-time language translation platform into BlueJeans Events. Attendees simply choose their language of choice and interpreters will then translate the presentation as it progresses, in real-time. That system also includes built-in Dolby Voice support to offer what they are branding as “enterprise-grade noise reduction.” We haven’t tested this feature, so we can’t explain it yet, however.
Also, BlueJeans embeddable an HTML Video Player and administrators can simply copy the embed code for upcoming events and paste it within HTML on the company website or intranet portal to ensure all corporate content can be found within the same place and allow for easy attendee access. Marketers looking to capture leads can also now easily gate their presentation with a registration form and then embed the video player on the subsequent landing page.
To further arm moderators and event organizers with streamlined communications and actionable analytics, while improving controls and security management for IT administrators, BlueJeans Events now includes new, built-in security features, chat options and attendee engagement metrics.
- For administrators: Double authentication and enhanced security means only those with both the invitation link and manual identity verification with Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) can join the event. This feature provides confirmation of each viewer’s identity, so that confidential topics and content are secure on a large scale.
- For moderators & organizers: Providing post-event measurement reports to maintain or improve the quality of future events, BlueJeans’ June beta release includes Engagement Analytics to educate moderators on audience attention rates, content interest and overall engagement.
- Participation: Did attendee engage with the host? (Chat, Q&A, Poll, Raise hand)
- Duration: How long did the attendee remain in the event?
- Focus: Percent of time the event is the primary window on the attendee’s screen
Here are all the specs.