Blackmagic Design has started shipping its line of 3G Mini Converters — all at $195.The 3G Mini Converters can convert between all SD and HD formats and frame rates, and feature 3G-SDI technology that makes them compatible with all existing SD and HD equipment. And, all of them include features such as redundant SDI inputs, AES and Balanced Analog Audio, upgradability via USB and some models include down conversion for working with HD on SD equipment.
New 3G Mini Converter Model Summary:
- Mini Converter SDI to HDMI converts from SDI to HDMI in all SD and HD formats up to 1080p60! Audio is embedded into the HDMI output and output separately as balanced analog or AES/EBU audio. Mini Converter SDI to HDMI is perfect for using HDMI televisions and video projectors as SDI monitors for all SD and HD formats.
- Mini Converter HDMI to SDI converts HDMI to SDI in all SD and HD formats up to 1080p60. Audio can be embedded from HDMI, balanced analog or AES/EBU inputs. Mini Converter HDMI to SDI is ideal for adding an SD or HD-SDI output to computers and cameras that have HDMI connections.
- Mini Converter SDI to Analog is perfect for converting from SD and HD-SDI to analog component, s-video or NTSC/PAL composite. Mini Converter SDI to analog supports all SD and HD input formats up to 1080p60 and includes a down converter for when you need to convert from HD to standard definition analog formats such as s-video and composite. Audio can be de-embedded to balanced analog or AES/EBU. Mini Converter SDI to Analog is ideal for converting to older analog equipment.
- Mini Converter SDI to Audio de-embeds audio from any SDI source in SD and HD formats up to 1080p60. Audio is output on 1/4″ connectors for balanced analog and AES/EBU audio output to equipment such as mixers, analog decks, audio monitors and more.
- Mini Converter Audio to SDI embeds audio into any SDI source in SD and HD formats up to 1080p60. Audio is input as balanced analog or AES/EBU using 1/4″ connectors from equipment such as mixers and analog decks.
- Mini Converter SDI Distribution distributes a single SD or HD-SDI connection up to eight different SDI outputs at the same time. You get a true 3G-SDI design with fully re-clocked outputs and automatic switching between all SD and HD formats up to 1080p60. You also get support for all ASI, ancillary and embedded audio formats.